Health Benefits of Eating Capsicum
Known by a variety of names for example Bell Peppers, Cayenne, Paprika and Chillies, Capsicum originated from Tropical America, but has become readily available all over the world. They come in different colours like red, yellow and green. There are many healthy reasons to eat capsicum, because it has Vitamin C, is an excellent supply of Vitamin A and beta-carotene and one of the greatest sources of other carotenoids, such as lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-cryptoxanthin and, to some lesser extent, lycopene.
Other healthy good reasons to eat capsicum would be that it’s low in fat and calories, and hence doesn’t increase the levels of bad cholesterol in your body. Since it contains vitamins, it’s an effective not to forget tasty, along with a natural cure for numerous diseases. Let’s examine a few ways in which use of capsicum is healthy.
Benefits of Capsicum
Listed here are some of the health benefits of Capsicum:
- Capsicum boosts the metabolism by lowering triglycerides, that are stored fats in blood corpuscles.This can help in burning calories.
- Capsicum is a vital source of vitamin A and ascorbic acid. These two vitamins are powerful antioxidants which help in fighting free radicals in the body and assist in treating heart diseases, osteoarthritis, asthma attack, cataract etc. The free radicals are responsible for causing cellular damage, harm to nerves and blood vessels.
- Capsaicin present in capsicum blocks the transmission of pain in the skin to the spinal cord and it is considered helpful in treating neuralgia, pain related to herpes zoster and postoperative amputation trauma.
- The compound capsaicin can also be believed to treat cancer by preventing carcinogens from binding with DNA. Like a regular dietary intake, it’s been found through eating capsicum can offer some protection from cancer.
- Capsicum has the ability to prevent clotting of blood. Ascorbic acid is found to play a major role in dissolving thrombus.
- Capsaicin content in capsicum fights off food-borne bacterial diseases like Vibrio vulnificus bacteria present in raw shellfish.